Recent Poetry

I recently wrote two poems, one of which I created my own rhyme pattern for. This poem(it has no title yet,)is as below:

Watch Where you're going,
Realize what you're doing,
Head for the straight path.

Think before following,
Think before accepting,
Think, and it'll be ok.

There's not only white, not only black,
There are some grey parts too,
There's always some good, and always some bad, in whatever we all do.

Weird, eh??? I don't like this poem much, too. I don't really get what I'm trying to say-probably why it doesn't have a name.
Though I like the, um, last(triplet???) part very much, because it has a better rhythmic sense than the first and second ones.

The other poem, which I wrote just recently, is better. It's titled; "Nature" and it has the normal rhyme pattern. Here goes:

Nature

Lots of leaves and flowers,
The wind and the showers,

The sun so bright, the radiant moon,
And fluffy clouds in the day at noon.

Snowy mountains, lots of birds,
Cattle grazing, lots of herds.

Big and leafy; lots of trees,
Swaying in the evening breeze.

The sun sets, says it's goodbye,
As the moon appears in the sky.

I hate the last verse, I could have written better, but I don't know why I can't. Maybe it's not my 'Poetry Season'. When I start writing good poetry, I write lots of it. You should read my older posts where you're bound to find better poems.
I'm busy these days, so maybe I won't  post a lot. But I'll find some time for blogging so keep tuned on for more.

Comments

  1. These poems are awesome, Zainab! I especially love the Nature one! The rhythm and rhyme is just perfect! :D Actually, I think the last verse is written beautifully! It really ends the poem well. I don't think I could think up of anything better! As for the first poem, I love how you started each line; watch, realise, head, think, there's. It creates good suspense! Like you, I love the last triplet too! Maybe because of the rhyming words (and also the rhythm again!)? Keep it up! You're awesome at writing poems! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am in love with your poetry! In fact I liked the first one better! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment