The roads to Kashmir

I road this short insight on the beautiful roads to Kashmir after a trip there. Here it is. Enjoy!

The roads to Kashmir were really dangerous but touchingly beautiful, too.We saw loads of pine trees laden with pine cones. There were huge lakes of clear blue water and gushing steams that had started naturally between old rocks.
We saw flocks of big, shaggy mountain goats and spotted cows grazing on the mountains. There were many types of trees and plants,too.
We drove between huge green mountains, sometimes between clouds, fog, and rain. I washed my hands and face from a stream and looked for pine cones. On almost every dangerous turn we saw huge rocks that had slided off the mountains. They were dangerous roads that grew even more dangerous because of landsliding and traffic.
  I felt like a tiny creature in a huge room. There was everything much greater than myself. I was awestruck by the beauty of the vast and beautiful landscape, and ultimately felt the greatness of the one who had created it all.
Above all, I realized how lucky and blessed we are to live in such a beautiful country.
Mountains
Mountain goats




The beautiful road!

Clouds and mountains

Clouds and mountains 2

Comments

  1. Wow! Please do read my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I've never went to Kaskmir, but by the looks of it, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Kashmir looks like such a beautiful place to visit. I wish I could go there! :D You know what, it reminds me so much of the Ziz Valley in Morocco, only it's green! It looks so fantastic. Goodness, the first photo looks breathtaking. And the clouds in the last one! I love your insight on the trip too! You've really captured the beauty of the place so well I actually feel like I'm there. ;D
    Nice work! What did you like best about it? (Mind you, if you asked the question, I probably wouldn't be able to decide. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kashmir was just great! Our main stay was in RawlaKot, the only place we went was to the nearby place for food. However, we did visit Banjosa Lake (It was artificial, I think) but it was lovely. There were mountains in the distance and mud and rain and huge pine trees. We also wanted to visit Toli Peer, a mountain, but it was too rainy and foggy to go there:( Someone told us later that it is an extremely beautiful place. By the way, by not going to Toli Peer, we managed to leave before the landsliding(it trapped many people in that area).
      What was really fun was searching for pinecones. I wanted a pine cone but we couldn't find them. We saw them fallen on roads in places we couldn't stop. I finally found one in Islamabad!
      Overall, Rawlakot was a calm and clean and extremely beautiful place(Kashmir isn't called piece of paradise for nothing!) I loved it for its green hills and valleys, cool air, and peace and quiet. The best part about it was the patriotic feeling that hangs in the air there all the time and a sense of gratitude to god and the soldiers that freed kashmir form India

      Delete
    2. It sounds like is was an absolutely brilliant trip!! :D I wish I could go. Toli Peer sounds wonderful too! Aw that's a shame, but maybe you'll get the chance another time! ^^
      Cool! We have pinecones in the UK, but they tend to be the smaller type. Were they the small or big ones? :3 Awesome!
      Haha hopefully I'll get to visit Rawlakot one day too if I visit Pakistan! It sounds like such a beautiful place.

      (Well I love long comments! :P)

      Delete
    3. They were all sorts and sizes of pinecones. Some were very long, and some were crooked and broken.
      Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment