150-word-story

I had been attempting to write a story with a word limit of hundred words for several days. But it was extremely challenging, so I loosened my restriction to 150 words.
Here is the story(it has no title yet):

As I stared between the bars of the prison cell, I deeply regretted my visit to the jewellery shop. It had not been a good idea at all, since I had no money on me.

Just as I had entered the store, a dazzling gold necklace caught my eye. It was a beauty; all studded with tiny, shimmering rubies. I glanced at the price tag. My face fell. It was too expensive.

When no one was looking, I silently unhooked the necklace from its stand and dropped it into my pocket. Then I casually headed towards the exit.

It all happened in seconds. The security guard grabbed me by the collar and started yelling at me. The proof against me was in my pocket, and before I knew it, I was taken off to jail...


I could not think anymore. I buried my head in my knees and started crying.

Comments

  1. Wow...
    Very interesting story you wrote, shows the emotion of despair and grief in an effective manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is really beautifully written Zainab!! In just a maximum of 150 words you've brilliantly captured the essence of the story! I can visualise perfectly how the turn of events happened! 8D I love the sinister aspects you've included too, the way there is some mystery in why the character would do such a thing, who they are and what their name might be!

    I also really like how you started off with the dramatic sentence, "as I stared between the bars of the prison cell". You've done a great job of shifting from present to past and back to present again, showing us how the character is reflecting back on the recent turn of events! I really like the rule of three in "I glanced at the price tag. My face fell. It was too expensive" - a feeling we can all relate to as well! ;D

    Gosh you have so much talent in story-writing! I'd love to read more of your stories!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I did not try to make the character mysterious by not giving a description of him-I had to control the word count, that's why I left them out! But You're right, perhaps that's what makes him more interesting. :D
      Thanks! I'm currently writing one which I'll share soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment