Candyland

One sunny morning, when I woke up, I realized that I was very hungry. I checked the fridge for something good to eat ,but in vain. The cupboards contained boring stuff.
So,I quickly grabbed my purse and rushed outside,in search for some sort of cafe so I could have a fancy breakfast. As I came outside, I realized that I was thirsty too. I saw an Well of water and I ran to it. I scooped out a bucketful of water and drank it. It was sweetish-sour. 
No sooner than it had crossed my throat,I realized that It was lemonade! I drank to my fill and continued my search. I saw a strawberry bush and plucked out a strawberry to eat. But to my surprise, it tasted sweeter than usual! Chewing some more, I realized it was chewy toffee, the kind that I loved. Mmmm! I plucked some more to eat on my way. I reached the road, walked and walked,and panted and panted. I felt more thirstier and not far off, I saw a pond. It was full of muddy brown water,but I was way too thirsty to care. I drank a handful of water, and instead of YUCK!! a YUM!!! came out of my mouth. It was hot chocolate ,with Mn'M's floating around. Delicious! Suddenly,a thought struck me. This was Candy Land! I tried everything from leaves to sand and flowers. Everything was so tasty! After all that, I felt really tired, so I went home.  I washed my hands and face and decided that I wanted to eat some proper (and not-so-sweet) breakfast,so I stuck some bread in the toaster, and fried myself an omelette. But it tasted like fried jelly beans with a chocolate bar. Yuck!!! I was tired with all that sweet and chocolaty snacks. I was annoyed and confused. What now? I began to cry and scream. Suddenly, I heard a voice. Wake up, oh Wake up, Zainab, it said. You're crying in your sleep,WAKE UP!! I woke up with a start to see my sister throwing a pillow on me to wake me up. I thanked god that Candy land was just a dream and life wasn't so sweet. I went outside my room to have (a normal and not-so sweet)breakfast. Finally!!!

Comments

  1. Wow, nice writing! It's very creative and descriptive! I guess after all those desires, Candyland isn't always the place you'll want to stay! I made up a short-story once about someone who wanted their house to become a gingerbread house with lots of sweets. Then, a magician came to town and he convinced the magician to turn it into one, although the magician warned him it would not be a good idea. The person then realised the disadvantages and pleaded the magician to turn it back to normal. I could type that up on my blog, now I come to think of it. XD Also reminds me about Hansel and Gretel! Keep up the good writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment