Beautiful Sounds

Some sounds are beautiful. They relax you and make you happy. My favorite sounds are natural sounds, especially that of birds chirping merrily at dawn and by sunset. They seem so calm, engaging, and peaceful!  Sometimes their chirping seems jolly while sometimes the birdsong feels sad. But it is always wonderful. When I hear a bird chirping, it piques my curiosity and interests me a lot. I just cannot resist the temptation to follow that sound and search for the little bird which is creating that sound. When a bird chirps, I feel it is like an invitation for me to explore the world.

I also admire the soft rustling sound of the sea. The beautiful atmosphere and the quiet, hushed sound of the calm sea seem mysterious too. Yet it is soothing, a perfect lullaby that will make you sleep if you drop into a deck chair. The faint and delicate sound of the sea splashing on the golden sands seems meaningful, too. At times the sound seems inviting, while sometimes it feels unwelcoming. I really don’t know why, but the sound of the sea fascinates me greatly.

The satisfactory sound of the dry leaves cracking when you step on them is also a sound I like. The ground in a forest, strewn with autumn leaves looks lovely and so is the sound when you stomp on them, crushing the dry ones to pieces.


The music of the sitar is wonderful, too. It is a mystical sound. The ancient, traditional instrument produces a nonmelodious yet unique music. I like the music of the sitar because it is a relatively different instrument, and when played by a sitarist it is a pleasant and intriguing sound to hear.

Comments

  1. Wow its nice and i never thought of these instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! :D I love the birdsong at dawn - their chorus is so charming! ^^ (I'm also intrigued by birds chirping! As soon as I hear a collared dove I immediately track where it's coming from... collared doves fascinate me for some reason. XD)
    And I TOTALLY agree with you about the sea! The sound the sea makes is just beautiful. Especially on a sunny day haha. Otherwise, you can get the crashing sounds it makes when the waves are rough. :P The mood of the sea is really weird but really interesting at the same time.
    You're right - leaf crunching sounds are cool too! I personally love them best in autumn. :3 I also love the crunching of snow! It's just perfect. Maybe because I love snow... I love walking through it in wellies, it's so fun. XD
    The sitar sounds wonderful! I've never heard of it before though... is it an instrument from Pakistan? (Or do I just not know much about musical instruments? 8D)
    Your descriptions are fantastic!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, collared doves look so innocent and peaceful! I like them too. :)
      The sitar is a very ancient instrument and it can not be from Pakistan(Pakistan is only 68 years old!), but yes, I think it is from somewhere in the Indian Subcontinent. Though the sitar is completely outdated now.

      Delete
    2. I know right? ;D
      Oh! Thanks for telling me! It's a shame it's not used much anymore then. D:

      Delete
  3. Oh this is a amazing, soothing essay. It's the kind I want to read when it's time for bed!

    Describing the sea.......oh, I totally agree with you. It's powerful - and it can change any time. You never know. It's just that it shows a bit of simplicity - I mean, someting as simple as sea can be so meaningful and beautiful!

    I also love the birds chirping away their mysterious concerts. It's mysterious, because you never know when the tune will change. I always stand in my balcony in early morning and I can almost feel the birdsong. I can hear it, that's true, but I can almost feel it. It's soft and silky one time and maybe rough and rugged the other.

    Crunchy leaves is a satisfying sound, and it's very meaningful - at least to me it is! The brown, crunchy leaves makes me feel - well, it's a impossible-to-describe feeling!

    I just love this essay. It's so intriguing - and it's so wonderfully shaped in style!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment