Keep the flag flying!

I was inspired by the green flag that fluttered on a neighbor's roof. 'Keep the flag Flying'', I whispered to myself. Then I wrote a poem.
Here it is.

The times are bad,
People are sad.
But all hope is not lost,
We won’t give up-at any cost.
Keep the Flag Flying! And things will improve.

Our fathers’ struggle won’t be a waste,
We’ve got to save it, Hurry, Make haste!
Nothing for us is out of bounds,
Let’s get together to nurse the nation’s wounds.
Keep the flag flying! All hope is not yet lost.

We all love our country, that love is enough,
And even though the work seems tough,
If all of us tend to do it,
We’ll manage it in the end.

Keep the flag flying! Nothing is too difficult.

Keep the flag flying, Pakistanis!

Comments

  1. Keep the flag flying is an expression I used. It means not to give up hope and to continue being patriotic Pakistanis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome poem! It's like a song, it should be sung instead of recited. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! I love the beat in this poem! :D Keep the flag flying is a really cool expression you've invented! And I agree with Fatima - it's like a song!

    I also meant to say Happy Independence Day to you in Pakistan, but unfortunately I didn't get on Blogger on the right day. D: Anyway, happy late Independence Day! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Zainab I'm really inspired by your writings! I really enjoy reading them, keep up the good work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Zainab I'm really inspired by your writings! I really enjoy reading them, keep up the good work!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment