Play: A Sonnet.

I recently wrote a Sonnet- The Shakespearean kind. I read about types of poems in a book, and so I tried to write it. Okay, I know a Sonnet is made up of beats and syllables, but I don't care if it doesn't fit the standards. I also know that a Sonnet is supposed to be about something serious and proper(at least Shakespeare' s  Sonnets were) but I wrote it the way I wanted to, as I write for myself. Anyways, here is it!

Play

Play is when you're on a slide,
Play is to go and enjoy,
Play could be to go and hide,
That's what play is, a feeling of joy!

Play is to be wild, not tame,
Play is to enjoy, under the sun,
Play is often called a game,
Play is a name of having fun!

Play is what you do at a park,
Play is enjoying, together with friends,
Play is when you're as happy as a lark,
Play is something, that never ever ends.

Play can be done, inside or out,
Play is to hide, run and shout!

Comments

  1. Awesome! I love how you've defined the word, "play". :D Even though it's not quite a sonnet, I think you've made it super cool! I wrote a rainforest sonnet around the summer for my previous writing blog (www.5starwriters.weebly.com) with the 10 syllables on every line, and trust me, it was complicated! So I think this should be the new type of sonnet, without the 10 syllables. It's simpler, but still effective, so. XD Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment